This one day wine exploration will start in Istanbul and explore the Thrace Wine Route (Trakya Bag Rotasi) just west of Istanbul and get an introduction to wine from local experts as well as your first Turkish wine tastings with our guide. This area has a climate that is driven by the Marmara and Aegean Seas, which border the long Dardenelle Straights and makes a unique climate for red wines.
The crossroads of Asia and Europe, this region west of Istanbul has mild summers and mild winters due to the influence of the Black sea in the north, the Sea of Marmara in the south and the Aegean sea to the West. The regions climate and soil produces excellent wines especially red varieties, which some liken it to the Bordeaux region, but there are dozens of ancient Anatolian varietals with more unique local expressions.
This tour is perfect if you are a wine or food aficionado who wants to:
- Experience a very high value winery tour.
- Enjoy the agricultural and culinary abundance of Turkey.
- Learn about Turkey viticulture the fourth largest producer of grapes, while not yet in the top 50 for wine production.
- Meet the interesting, fun and diverse owners and winemakers of Turkey’s blossoming wine market in their vineyards and wineries, this one day wineries will be perfect to you.
1-GURBUZ WINERY - LULEBURGAZ, KIRKLARELI
2-ARCADIA VINEYARDS/BAKUCHA VINEYARD HOTEL - LULEBURGAZ, KIRKLARELI
3-SARANTA WINEHOUSE - KARAKOC KOYU, KIRKLARELI
4-DESSERA WINEHOUSE - AHMETCE, KIRKLARELI
What is included in the tour
- Wine tastings at 4 wineries (Gurbuz Winery, Bakucha Vineyard Hotel, Saranta Winehouse and Dessera Winehouse)
- Services of a private licensed professional english speaking tour guide
- Air conditioned transportation with driver in Istanbul
- Parking, portage, tipping (except guide & driver), toll road
- Coordination and attentive customer service throughout the tour by Sojourn staff
What is not included in the tour
- International flight tickets and international air and departure taxes
- Cost of lunch (optional)
- Optional gratuities to guides, drivers, etc.
- Travel insurance
- Visas, laundry, and personal items
- Entry visas
- Optional programs listed in itinerary.