This 1 Day Wine Exploration will start in Urla then, explore the Urla Wine Trail near Izmir and get an introduction to wine from local experts as well as your first Turkish wine tastings with our guide. Also if you wish to learn about the 3000 year history of wine in Turkey while testing beautiful wines, here is a great chance. Your day will be spent by discovering the unique flavors offered to you by combining the sea, nature and the fragrant fertile lands of Urla and tasting the wines of the region.
The warm peninsula that is heart of the Urla Wine Trail and 15+ modern wineries. The soil is light and sandy- and the hot summer is cooled by the breezes from the Aegean sea, both North and South of the area. Both Red and White wine grape varietals grow here - the dry warm summer and hilly, sandy soil make unique terriors for bold wines. Delightful villages such as Alacati and Urla are home to vineyards and stone houses.
This tour is perfect if you are a wine or food aficionado who wants to:
- Experience a very high value winery tour.
- Enjoy the agricultural and culinary abundance of Turkey.
- Learn about Turkey viticulture the fourth largest producer of grapes, while not yet in the top 50 for wine production.
- Meet the interesting, fun and diverse owners and winemakers of Turkey’s blossoming wine market in their vineyards and wineries, this one day wineries will be perfect to you.
1-URLA WINERY - URLA, IZMIR
2-CAKIR WINERY & VINEYARDS - URLA, IZMIR
3-USCA WINERY - URLA, IZMIR
4-IKIDENIZARASI WINERY - URLA, IZMIR
What is included in the tour
- Wine tastings at 4 wineries (Urla Winery, Cakir Winery & Vineyards, Usca Winery and Ikidenizarası Winery)
- Services of a private licensed professional english speaking tour guide
- Air conditioned transportation with driver in Izmir
- Parking, portage, tipping (except guide & driver), toll road
- Coordination and attentive customer service throughout the tour by Sojourn staff
What is not included in the tour
- International flight tickets and international air and departure taxes
- Cost of lunch (optional)
- Optional gratuities to guides, drivers, etc.
- Travel insurance
- Visas, laundry, and personal items
- Entry visas
- Optional programs listed in itinerary.