This one day wine exploration will start in Ephesus and get an introduction to wine from local experts as well as your first Turkish wine tastings with our guide.
Ephesus / Aegean:
On the southern most edge of the Aegean Once a mix of Greeks and Turks under the Ottoman rulers - it has been the center of viticulture since the Roman's called it "Asia". This wide region gets lots of sun, wind and has mild winters - and a huge variety of grapes are grown here. The vineyards here benefit from close proximity to Izmir and it's modern, educated, wine drinking citizens. And some vineyards lay in the foothills of Ephesus.
This tour is perfect if you are a wine or food aficionado who wants to:
- Experience a very high value winery tour.
- Enjoy the agricultural and culinary abundance of Turkey.
- Learn about Turkey viticulture the fourth largest producer of grapes, while not yet in the top 50 for wine production.
- Meet the interesting, fun and diverse owners and winemakers of Turkey’s blossoming wine market in their vineyards and wineries, this one day wineries will be perfect to you.
1-CLAROS WINERY - MENDERES, IZMIR
2-ISABEY WINEHOUSE - MENDERES, IZMIR
3-LUCIEN ARKAS VINEYARD - TORBALI, IZMIR
4-7 BILGELER WINERY & VINEYARDS - SELCUK,IZMIR
What is included in the tour
- Wine tastings at 4 wineries (Claros Winery, Isabey Winehouse, Lucien Arkas Vineyard and 7 Bilgeler Winery & Vineyards)
- Services of a private licensed professional english speaking tour guide
- Air conditioned transportation with driver in Izmir
- Parking, portage, tipping (except guide & driver), toll road
- Coordination and attentive customer service throughout the tour by Sojourn staff
What is not included in the tour
- International flight tickets and international air and departure taxes
- Cost of lunch (optional)
- Optional gratuities to guides, drivers, etc.
- Travel insurance
- Visas, laundry, and personal items
- Entry visas
- Optional programs listed in itinerary.