Experience the heart of Turkish culture as you learn how to cook authenticTurkish dishes with locals in a beautiful and serene village setting. Away from the hustle and bustle of a busy world, this tour includes an enriching cultural cooking class and private tour of the Bosphorus Strait.
Turkish cuisine offers a seemingly endless variety of flavors, dishes and recipes to discover, making Turkiye the ideal destination for any foodie. Join local staff as we invite you into our kitchens for a hands-on cooking experience where you will make and enjoy a beautiful and delicious meal. Afiyet olsun!
Before you begin cooking, feel the fresh sea breeze on a private boat trip up the Bosphorus Strait.
As you glide between Asia and Europe and venture towards the Black Sea, you’ll see the world famous Bosphorous bridge surrounded by colorful steam ferries plying the water between neighboring continents. You’ll disembark near the beautiful ‘Yali’ or waterfront mansions before taking a short trip up the hill to our village.
Embrace serendipitous opportunities to explore as we guide you through the village. View the local gardens filled with the fruits or vegetables of the season. Stroll through the organic food markets and taste local produce. With each step, see a glimpse of what village life is like in Turkiye.
Now we begin. During your time in the village you have gathered fresh and delicious Turkish produce and ingredients to use in your cooking class. Local staff will demonstrate recipes and then you will put your culinary skills to work. Collaboration with the village locals as you dice, chop, roll and prep is a highlight for many of our travelers.
We’ll work together to prepare a full meal. This may include corba (Turkish soup), bread, salad, various vegetable dishes, meat and specialty dishes, such as eggplant moussaka (locally known as ‘imam bayildi’ or ‘the priest fainted’). As you cook, you’ll enjoy a variety of Turkish snacks and taste unique local beverages such as chai or ayran.
Just past noon we will come together to eat what we have made and enjoy a proper, Turkish, family style meal. As we recline after our meal, a dessert plate full of pumpkin, creme, fig, nut or cheese-based desserts is passed around.
Finally, in the early afternoon we’ll head back and catch a return ferry down the Bosphorus with still enough time for you to enjoy a late afternoon in Istanbul.
8:15 AM Meet at the Eminonu Ferry Port
8:30 AM Depart by Private Ferry toward the Black Sea
9:20 AM Arrive to the asian side boat dock and board minibuses for our village
9:45 AM Visit the village, garden, market per days availability. Grab the days ingredients
10:45 AM Introduction to the Cooking Class
11:00 AM Start Cooking under the direction of our own head chef and guide - both English speakers
11:30 AM Continue working on your technique - some of our recipes are trickly.
13:00 PM Around this time we'll start eating our 5 course lunch. Hope you're hungry!
14:15 PM Wrap up, say goodbye to new friends and head to the boat dock.
14:35 PM Depart by private boat back to Eminonu
15:15 PM Disembark with delightful memories, and new cooking skills and lots of recipes to try.
What is included in the tour
Included in the tour:
- Private Bosphorus tour with our guide to point out key sites
- English-speaking guide
- English-speaking head chef with a crew of local women to help teach you
- A recipe book of recommended Turkish recipes
- Transfer from ferry to village and back
- All food and snacks provided while preparing meals
- A visit around the village. The details on the visit are subject to change depending on the day, but may include a market visit, a garden visit, or a stop to visit with new friends. We let serendipity lead.
- A visit to our garden - to either watch, harvest, plant or tend - depending on the season and the crops.
- Hands on instructions for at least 5 dishes. The menu changes but typically will include bread or soup, an appetizer, a salad, a vegetable dish or two, a main course and a dessert.
- Snacks while you’re cooking
- Time to enjoy your meal with your group after preparation
- A great time and an unforgettable experience
What is not included in the tour
-Transportation to/from the meeting point
-Tips for the guide, chef and staff.
-Extra like gifts, or handicrafts at the restaurant.