The Ephesus and Pamukkale Tour is the perfect combination of two day long excursions.
You will have the luxury of staying in your same hotel in Kusadasi or Selcuk for both nights of the tour with a private guide and driver picking you up each day to visit the sites. Ephesus and Pamukkale are easily the highlights of this region and you won't want to miss them.
Explore everything Ephesus has to offer from the famous Temple of Artemis and magnificent library. The preserved architecture of this historic site will take your breath away as you walk along ancient ruins and roads. Don't miss a visit to St. John's Church and the Virgin Mary's house as well.
After a drive to Pamukkale, you will visit the ancient city of Hierapolis to explore and break for a meal. Take in the thermal pools and experience this amazing phenomenon for yourself as you enjoy a relaxing day around the White Terraces of "Cotton Castle".
Founded by chance in pre-greek times- this city rose to prominence under Roman Rule - the remains of which are clearly seen today in all their glory and splendor. Many of the significant statues are located at the small but interesting nearby museum. One of which is the statues of Artemis - both the venerated object of Ephesian worship and the cause of tumult for St. Paul. This site is one of the splendors of Turkey. A must see. If time permits you will also visit the Terrace Houses at Ephesus.
Next you'll see the Ephesus Museum where many of the most amazing relics are kept.
St John's Gravesite
The center of pilgrimage for many years- the apostle John was buried here and throughout the early Byzantine era- this site was a draw for Christians. Close to Ephesus -it now quietly sits on a citadel like hill overlooking the swamp were the infamous Artemis temple once stood - now marked by a single column and the occasional stork.
The supposed home where Mary lived in her later years, it is an important Catholic site of visitation located in the quiet cool forest above Ephesus.
Pamukkale meaning Cotton Castle in Turkish and is located in nearby Denizli. This site is famous for a carbonate mineral left by the flowing of thermal spring water.
Hierapolis ancient city is located near Pamukkale and it was one of the most popular spa centers in the 2nd century BC. Travertines, Necropolis and baths are the highlights.
- Your private guide and driver will either welcome you at the Izmir airport or at your hotel in Kusadasi or Selcuk.
- Today you will visit the ancient city of Ephesus and the Ephesus Museum.
- Following lunch you'll visit the Virgin Mary’s House and St. John’s Church.
- Your guide and driver will drop you off at your hotel for the night.
- Your guide and driver will meet you at your hotel, and you will drive to Pamukkale, known for it's history and incredible landscape.
- Later you will visit the ancient city of Hierapolis with its magnificent Necropolis.
- Following lunch you will have the opportunity to relax in the White Terraces of "Cotton Castle".
- Your guide and driver will again return you to your hotel following the tour.
What is included in the tour
- Accommodation in your choice of hotel category, or inquire to include your own selection of hotels or to exclude accommodation:
- Platinum Class Hotel (On Request)
- Gold Class Hotel (Swissôtel Grand Efes Izmir)
- Silver Class Hotel (La Vista Boutique Hotel)
- Lunch on Ephesus and Pamukkale tours
- Private Tours with licensed professional English speaking guides
- Admission tickets to sites and museums
- Private VIP transportation per tour itinerary
- Parking, portage, toll roads
- Coordination and attentive customer service throughout the tour by Sojourn staff
- Required Association ofTurkish Travel Agencies Foreign Visitors Insurance (a basic mandatory policy and not an adequate replacement for purchasing your own travel insurance.)
- Optional Domestic flights with extra cost, you may add during the booking process
What is not included in the tour
- Drinks at lunch and dinner Sodas or alcohol
- Optional gratuities to guides, drivers, etc.
- Entry Visa to Turkey
- Travel insurance
- Laundry, and personal items
- International flight tickets
- Entry Visas
- Optional programs listed in the itinerary