This one day wine exploration will start in Antalya and provide you an introduction to wine from local experts as well as a Turkish wine tasting with our guide.
The Hittites named the city they founded in this region 4,000 years ago as 'Wiyanawanda', that is, 'wine city'. Later, the Lycians called it 'Oenoanda', which derives from the word 'Oeno', which is from the ancient Greek 'oinos' meaning wine. Elmali, the modern town which you will visit is the center of this ancient wine region.
This tour is perfect if you are a wine or food aficionado who wants to:
- Experience a very high-value winery tour.
- Enjoy the agricultural and culinary abundance of Turkey.
- Learn about Turkey's viticulture, the fourth largest producer of grapes, while not yet in the top 50 for wine production.
- Meet the interesting, fun, and diverse owners and winemakers of Turkey’s blossoming wine market in their vineyards and wineries, this one day wineries will be perfect to you.
1-ELMALI ARCHAEOLOGY MUSEUM - ELMALI, ANTALYA
2-LIKYA VINEYARDS & WINERY - ELMALI, ANTALYA
Your private guide and driver will meet you at your hotel. Visit Elmali Archaeology Museum. Wine tasting, lunch (optional) and and wine cellar tour at Likya Vineyards & Winery. Afterwards your private driver will take you to your hotel.
- Your private guide and driver will meet you at your hotel this morning to drive to your first stop in Antalya.
- Visit Elmali Archaeology Museum with your private guide.
- Next, drive to Likya Vineyards & Winery. Here you will have a tasting of 6 great wines and an option to purchase lunch in their lovely restaurant. Also you will take a wine cellar tour.
- Afterwards your private driver will take you back to your hotel.
What is included in the tour
- Wine tasting of 6 wines at 1 winery (Likya Vineyards & Winery)
- Services of a private licensed professional English speaking tour guide
- Air conditioned transportation with driver from Antalya
- Parking, portage, tipping (except guide & driver), toll road
- Coordination and attentive customer service throughout the tour by Sojourn staff
What is not included in the tour
- Flight tickets and international air and departure taxes
- Cost of lunch (optional, as we give people the freedom to choose and pay themselves at the Vineyard restaurant, as many people have varied preferences, a full menu is available.)
- Optional gratuities to guides, drivers, etc.
- Travel insurance
- Personal purchases
- Entry visas