Classical Seven Churches tour is one of our most popular tours
This private tour includes the major classical sites of western Turkey where the 7 Churches of Revelation are found, including: Laodiciea and Pamukkale with its thermal pools, Philadelphia, Sardis, Thyatira, Pergamum, Smyrna, and Ephesus. The route will generally follow the text of Revelations 1-3.
This is a trip designed to explore some of the most featured regions of Turkey, while giving time and attention to the devotional journey awaiting you at the 7 Church sites of Revelations.
Today your private guide will welcome you in Izmir Airport and you will be transferred to your hotel in Kusadasi
Your 7 Churches will begin with your first visit to Ephesus ancient city. Following by lunch you will drive to Pamukkale to visit the Hierapolis ancient city and have a relaxing time in the White Terraces of Cotton Castle. You will overnight in Pamukkale.
Your private guide and driver will be ready in your hotel and in the morning your first visit will be Laodicea. You will drive to see the ruins at Philadelphia (Rev. 3:7-13) after lunch. Your last visit will be to Sardis ancient city. Sardis (Rev 3:1-6) is a magnificent site, known for the golden fleece, dyeing of wool and the huge temple of Artemis – There is a wonderful restored Synagogue here founded in the 600 BC captivity and likely where Paul preached. Overnight in Sardis
Your last day will begin with a visit to the trade town of Thyatira (Rev 2:18-29), where Lydia seller of purple cloth was from. Following by lunch your last visit will be to Pergamum (Rev 2:12-17) see the breathtaking Acropolis where the Temple of Zeus (some claim Satan’s Seat in the Roman Empire) is located. Learn of the medical history at the Asklepion and see a pagan temple converted to a church at the Red Basilicia. After the tour you will be transferred directly to Izmir Airport for your back flight to Istanbul.
What is included in the tour
- Accommodation in Kusadasi (1 night), Pamukkale (1 night) and Sardis (1 night)
- Breakfast daily, Lunch on Full Day tours (Day 2- Day 3 and Day 4)
- Licensed professional English speaking guides with extensive 7 Churches knowledge
- Airport Transfers
- Admission tickets to sites and museums
- Private VIP transportation per tour itinerary
- Parking, portage, toll roads
- Coordination and attentive customer service throughout the tour by Sojourn staff
- Required Association of – Turkish Travel Agencies Foreign Visitors Insurance (a vey basic mandatory policy and not an adequate replacement for purchasing your own travel insurance.)
What is not included in the tour
- International and Domestic flight tickets
- Optional gratuities to guides, drivers, etc.
- All dinners
- Entry Visa to Turkey
- All drinks at lunch and dinner
- Optional programs listed in the itinerary