Classical Seven Churches tour is one of our most popular tours
This private tour includes the major classical sites of western Turkey where the 7 Churches of Revelation are found, including: Laodiciea and Pamukkale with its thermal pools, Philadelphia, Sardis, Thyatira, Pergamum, Smyrna, and Ephesus. The route will generally follow the text of Revelations 1-3.
This is a trip designed to explore some of the most featured regions of Turkey, while giving time and attention to the devotional journey awaiting you at the 7 Church sites of Revelations.
- After you land and exit through baggage claim, your private guide will welcome you at the Izmir Airport and travel with you and your private driver to check-in to your hotel in Kusadasi.
- In the morning your guide and driver will meet you in the lobby of your hotel where you will depart for your first stop, the ancient city of Ephesus.
- Following lunch you will drive to Pamukkale to visit the ancient city of Hierapolis. Here you can relax at the White Terraces of Cotton Castle.
- Your driver and guide will travel with you and that evening you will check-in to your hotel in Pamukkale.
- Your guide and driver will meet you in the lobby of your hotel and you will venture out to Laodicea.
- Following lunch you will drive to the ruins at Philadelphia (Rev. 3:7-13).
- Your last visit will be to the ancient city of Sardis. Sardis (Rev 3:1-6) is a magnificent site, known for its golden fleece, wool dyeing, and the massive temple of Artemis. You will also find a wonderfully restored Synagogue founded in the 600 BC. It is likely a location where Paul preached.
- Your driver and guide will travel with you and that evening you will check-in to your hotel in Sardis.
- Your guide and driver will meet you in the lobby of your hotel and you will begin your day by visiting the trade town of Thyatira (Rev 2:18-29), where Lydia the seller of purple cloth was from.
- Following lunch you will visit Pergamum (Rev 2:12-17) to see the breathtaking Acropolis where the Temple of Zeus (some claim Satan’s Seat in the Roman Empire) is located. You will also learn about the medical history at the Asklepion and see a pagan temple converted into a church at the Red Basilicia.
- Your tour will conclude with your guide and driver transferring you directly to the Izmir Airport for your flight to Istanbul.
What is included in the tour
- Accommodation in Kusadasi (1 night), Pamukkale (1 night) and Sardis (1 night)
- Breakfast daily, Lunch on Full Day tours (Day 2- Day 3 and Day 4)
- Licensed professional English speaking guides with extensive 7 Churches knowledge
- Airport Transfers
- Admission tickets to sites and museums
- Private VIP transportation per tour itinerary
- Parking, portage, toll roads
- Coordination and attentive customer service throughout the tour by Sojourn staff
- Required Association of – Turkish Travel Agencies Foreign Visitors Insurance (a vey basic mandatory policy and not an adequate replacement for purchasing your own travel insurance.)
What is not included in the tour
- International and Domestic flight tickets
- Optional gratuities to guides, drivers, etc.
- All dinners
- Entry Visa to Turkey
- All drinks at lunch and dinner
- Optional programs listed in the itinerary