Walk in Paul’s footsteps
This unique Biblical tour contains the main sites involved in Paul's missionary journeys through modern day Turkey and Greece. You will literally follow the footsteps of St. Paul during this 14 day journey. As you travel, you will also visit each of the Seven Churches of Revelation. The tour begins in Istanbul and ends in Athens, with tours also included of the other popular sites in these famous cities.
Day 1 - Istanbul
- Your private guide and driver will welcome you at the Istanbul Airport and transfer you to your hotel in the heart of Istanbul.
- You will have free time this evening to explore Sultanahmet on your own!
Day 2 - Istanbul
- Your guide will meet you at your hotel and you will head directly to a Bosphorus boat tour and visit Emperor Justinian’s masterpiece, the Hagia Sophia, the Blue Mosque, the Hippodrome and its monuments
- Following lunch you will continue your tour by visiting the Topkapi Palace, Basilica Cistern and the Grand Bazaar.
- You will return to your hotel that evening for dinner on your own and overnight
Day 3 - Istanbul to Ephesus
- A private driver will meet you at your hotel and you drive directly to the Istanbul airport for your flight to Izmir.
- In Izmir you will be welcomed by your private guide and travel directly to visit Roman Agora of ancient Symrna.
- Later you will drive to Akhisar to see Thyatira Church and check-in to your hotel that evening in Kusadasi.
Day 4 – Ephesus
- Today, you will meet your guide at your hotel and visit the ancient city of Ephesus. Ephesus is one of the Seven Churches of Revelation (Rev. 1:11). In ancient days, Ephesus was a bustling port town of 250,000, graced with wide, colonnade-bordered streets.
- Your tour will continue with Ephesus Museum.
- Following lunch you will visit the Basilica of St. John.
- You will return to your hotel that evening.
Day 5– Patmos
- In the morning you will be picked up by your guide to catch and an early morning ferry to Patmos.
- There, you will visit the Cave of Revelation and the Basilica of St. John’s Church.
- In the afternoon you will take ferry back to Kusadasi and return to your hotel.
*If the Patmos Trip is not possible due to weather conditions, we will offer an alternative tour to Miletus.
Day 6– Laodicea, Hierapolis and Sardis
- Your guide will meet you at your hotel and you will make you way to Pamukkale to visit Laodicea, one of the Seven Churches and the ancient city of Hierapolis. Hierapolis is blessed by hot mineral springs and some of the best-preserved Roman ruins in Asia Minor
- Following lunch you will drive to Sardis, another of the Seven Churches of Revelation. there, you will see the gymnasium and the synagogue.
- You will spend the night in Sardis.
Day 7 – Pergamon and Troy
- Your guide will meet you at your hotel and you will make your way to Pergamon, the most favored of the Seven Churches. You will also see the Acropolis, Asklepion and visit Red Basilica.
- Following lunch you will drive to Canakkale to visit Troy and overnight in Canakkale.
Day 8 –Canakkale - Greece Border - Kavala
- Today will be an early start as you get up and make your way towards the border of Greece. Say your farewell to Turkey as you cross the border and transfer to your Greek guide and driver.
- You will check-in to your hotel in Kavala that evening.
Day 9– Kavala and Thessaloniki
- Your guide and driver will meet you at your hotel and you will travel to Neapolis (Kavala) and Philippi. You will see the famous Acropolis, the Market Place, the Basilica, and the Theater.
- Following lunch your tour will continue as you travel to Amphipolis
- You will check-in to your hotel in Thessaloniki that evening.
Day 10 – Thessaloniki and Meteora
- Your guide and driver will meet you at your hotel and you tour will begin with visit to St. George's Basilica, Old City Ramparts and the Galerius Arch, the Archaeological Museum, St. Sophia and St. Demetrios Basilicas in Thessaloniki.
- In the afternoon you will drive to Meteora check-in to your hotel that evening.
Day 11 – Meteora and Athens
- You will meet you guide and begin the day with a visit to the rock forest of Meteora in western Thessaly. Here you make your way through the rough terrain in which the apostle Paul walked during his missionary journey. See famous Byzantine monasteries perch precariously on summits of soaring, sheer-sided grey rock pinnacles of varied and spectacular shapes.
- Later, you will drive to Delphi and visit the Delphi Theatre, the Temple of Apollo, and its magnificent museum.
- You will make your way to Athens that evening and will overnight in the city.
Day 12– Athens
- Today you have a full day to experience Athens!
- Your guide will take you to the Acropolis, the Propylaea, the Parthenon, the Erectheum, the House of Parliament, the Presidential Palace and the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier
- You'll check-in at a hotel in Athens that evening.
Day 13 – Corinth and Cenchrea
- Your guide will meet you at your hotel and you make your way to Corinth to visit the Archaeological Museum, the Market Place and Temples. You'll walk among the ruins and stand on the Bema where Paul stood before Gallio facing charges brought by the Jews that were dropped. Paul stayed awhile in Corinth before leaving for Syria from the port at Cenchrea.
- You'll return to your hotel that evening for one final night.
Day 14 – Departure
- A private driver will meet you at your hotel and transfer you to the Athens airport for your international flight home.
What is included in the tour
- Accommodation in Istanbul (2 nights), Kusadasi (3 nights), Sardis (1 night), Canakkale (1 night), Kavala (1 night) Thessaloniki (1 night), Meteora (1 night) and Athens (3 nights)
- Breakfast daily, Lunch on Full Day tours
- Experienced licensed professional English speaking Biblical tour guides
- Domestic flights (Istanbul – Izmir)
- Airport Transfers
- Admission tickets to sites and museums
- Private VIP transportation per tour itinerary
- Parking, portage, toll roads
- Coordination and attentive customer service throughout the tour by Sojourn staff
- Required Association of Turkish Travel Agencies Foreign Visitors Insurance (a vey basic mandatory policy and not an adequate replacement for purchasing your own travel insurance.)
What is not included in the tour
- International flight tickets
- Optional gratuities to guides, drivers, etc.
- Entry Visa to Turkey
- Additional drinks at lunch and dinner
- Optional programs listed in the itinerary