Choose from these dates to join our small group tour with our same highly rated guides:
2024 Small Group Tour Dates
19 April - 23 April 2024
17 May - 21 May 2024
8 June - 12 June 2024
29 August - 2 September 2024
22 September - 26 September 2024
17 October - 21 October 2024
You'll take a short flight to Cappadocia where you'll experience an entirely new region of Turkey and be amazed by breathtaking landscapes. While staying at a luxurious cave hotels at night, you'll explore the lunar like topography and cave mosaics during the day.
Sites such as Uchisar Fortress, OrtaHisar, Red Valley, Pasabaglari (Fairy Chimneys), Zelve Open Air Musuem (houses carved in rock, Seljukian Mosque and remains), Esentepe for panoramic view of the Goreme Valley, Goreme Open Air Museum (rock cut churches, frescos, monastery) and Kaymakli Underground City all await!
A quick flight departing Cappadocia to Izmir will allow you to experience the unique Aegean culture. Enjoy a visit to the wonderful village of Sirince. The next day you'll tour the highlight site of Turkey - Ephesus - once a great Roman city, it still has the glory as a must see site.
You'll depart from Izmir airport the final day on your international flight.
Day 1: Cappadocia
- One hour flight from to Cappadocia.
- Your private guide and driver will will welcome you to Cappadocia as you exit from baggage claim.
- Directly from the airport your tour will begin with a visit to Uchisar Fortress, OrtaHisar and Red Valley.
- After a day of exploration and travel you will check-in to your hotel and retire for the night.
Day 2: Cappadocia
- You may choose to rise today or day 6 before dawn for an hot-air balloon ride over the picturesque Cappadocian valleys. Let us know if you would like to add this addition experience to your tour.
- Today, your Cappadocia guide will take you to explore Pasabaglari (Fairy Chimneys), and Zelve Open Air Musuem (houses carved in rock, Seljukian Mosque and remains).
- Following lunch, continue to Esentepe for panoramic view of the Goreme Valley, Goreme Open Air Museum (rock cut churches, frescos, monastery) and Kaymakli Underground City.
- Enjoy the incredible views of the Cappadocia landscape and enjoy the hospitality of your hotel in the evening before you retire for the night.
Day 3: Cappadocia - Ephesus
- In the morning you will be transferred directly to Cappadocia Airport for your flight to Izmir. Once here, you will be met again by a guide and driver and have a tour of Sirince village as you make your way to your hotel on the coast in Kusadasi.
Day 4: Ephesus
- Today will meet you at your hotel and you will visit the magnificent ancient city of Ephesus. You will enjoy a leisurely exploration of the city, including the Terraced Houses, followed by trip to the Ephesus Archeology Museum.
- Following lunch you will visit St. John’s Basilica, reputed burial site of the Apostle John, and see the ruin of the Temple of Artemis, one of the Seven Wonders of the ancient world.
- You will also make a stop at Mary's House, and from there you'll return to your hotel in Kusadasi for a relaxing evening.
Day 5: Departure
- A private driver will pick you up from your hotel and transfer you to the Izmir airport for your international flight home.
What is included in the tour
- Accommodation: Kale Konak, Doubletree by Hilton Kusadasi
- Meals: 5 breakfasts, 4 lunches
- Services of a private licensed professional English speaking tour guide
- Airport Transfers: with air conditioned transportation with driver
- Air conditioned transportation with driver in Cappadocia, Izmir
- Domestic flights: Istanbul-Cappadocia, Cappadocia-Izmir
- Admission fees to sites and museums
- Parking, portage, tipping (except guide & driver), toll roads
- Coordination and attentive customer service throughout the tour by Sojourn staff
- Required Association of Turkish Travel Agencies Foreign Visitors Insurance (a basic mandatory policy and not an adequate replacement for purchasing your own travel insurance.)
What is not included in the tour
- International flight tickets (Arrive to Istanbul, Depart from Izmir)
- Beverages at lunch
- Optional gratuities to your guides and drivers
- Travel insurance
- Visas, laundry, and personal items
- Entry visas to Turkey (purchased online before arrival)
- Optional programs listed in itinerary
2024 Prices are per person in US$
|Per Person in Single Room
|Per Person in Double Room
|Per Person in Triple Room