This one day wine exploration will start in Cappadocia get an introduction to wine from local experts as well as your first Turkish wine tastings with our guide. Cappadocia is among the regions that have an important place in grape growing activities in Turkey. Cappadocia is considered an extremely favorable region for the cultivation of quality grapes due to the characteristic of its territory. For this reason, it is not surprising that delicious and high-quality wines come to mind when called Cappadocia. You can find various different grape varietals in Cappadocia.
In the Urgup region, there are beautiful vineyards in an extremely large area. And this region is home to 16 different grape varieties. The first thing comes to mind of the varities of wines, the one preferred most often by tourists visiting the region is white wine obtained from the Emir grape. Emir grape, which produces wine that is very compatible with fish dishes and fresh cheese, gets its name from the fact that it was the special wine of the rulers in the Roman and Hittite periods.
This tour is perfect if you are a wine or food aficionado who wants to:
- Experience a very high value winery tour.
- Enjoy the agricultural and culinary abundance of Turkey.
- Learn about Turkey viticulture the fourth largest producer of grapes, while not yet in the top 50 for wine production.
- Meet the interesting, fun and diverse owners and winemakers of Turkey’s blossoming wine market in their vineyards and wineries, this one day wineries will be perfect to you.
1-TURASAN WINE HOUSE - URGUP, NEVSEHIR
2-SUNOLUS VINEYARD HOUSE - KOCASINAN, KAYSERI
3-KOCABAG WINERY - UCHISAR, NEVSEHIR
4-ARGOS WINERY & VINEYARD - UCHISAR, NEVSEHIR
Your private guide and driver will meet you at your hotel to drive to Turasan Wine House. Wine tasting and wine cellar tour at Turasan Wine House. Lunch (Optional) and wine tasting at Sunolus Vineyard House, Wine testing at Kocabag Winery and Argos Winery & Vineyard. Afterwards your private driver will take you to your hotel.
- Your private guide and driver will meet you at your hotel this morning to drive to your first stop in Cappadocia.
- Arrive first to Turasan Wine House, where you will taste 3 of their select wines. Also you will take a wine cellar tour.
- Next, drive to Sunolus Vineyard House. Here you will have a tasting of 6 great wines and an option to purchase lunch in their lovely restaurant.
- Then continue to Kocabag Winery. In this vineyard you will have a tasting of 5 wines.
- Your next and last stop will be Argos Winery & Vineyard to taste 6 of their wines. There you can enjoy a beautiful sunset view.
- Afterwards your private driver will take you back to your hotel.
What is included in the tour
- Wine tastings at 4 wineries (Turasan Wine House, Sunolus Vineyard House, Kocabag Winery and Argos Winery & Vineyard)
- Services of a private licensed professional english speaking tour guide
- Air conditioned transportation with driver in Cappadocia
- Parking, portage, tipping (except guide & driver), toll road
- Coordination and attentive customer service throughout the tour by Sojourn staff
What is not included in the tour
- International flight tickets and international air and departure taxes
- Cost of lunch (optional)
- Optional gratuities to guides, drivers, etc.
- Travel insurance
- Visas, laundry, and personal items
- Entry visas
- Optional programs listed in itinerary.